- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Share Farming Agreements
Share Farming Agreements operate where two parties jointly farm the same land. They will typically involve the owner or tenant of farm land entering into a contract with a working farmer.
The detail of a share farming contract is a matter for the parties but often includes the landowner providing farm land and buildings, fixed equipment and machinery, major maintenance of the buildings and his expertise, while the working farmer provides labour, field and mobile machinery and his expertise, other costs such as seed, fertilisers and feed are shared.
If there is any livestock enterprise then ownership of the animals is shared on the basis that each party owns a share in each animal, each party is rewarded by a share in the produce of the farm which he or she is free to sell as he or she likes, each party produces his own accounts and is responsible for his own tax and VAT returns.
- Richard Howells
- Director & Head of Lifetime Planning Disputes
- Rory Hutchings
- Director & Head of Rural Practice
- Myria Griffiths
- Associate Solicitor - Commercial Property
- Alice Dearden-Cobbett
- Associate Solicitor - Rural Practice
- Malcolm Thomas MBE A.R.Ag.S.
- Rural Client Manager - Rural Practice
- 07837 109 599
- Michelle Garey
- Legal Secretary - Rural Practice
- Rhianydd Llewellyn
- Trainee Solicitor - Rural Practice