Our insolvency team is recognised in the Legal 500 directory as one of the leading providers of insolvency services in Wales.
We act for insolvency practitioners and office-holders based in England and Wales, whether in their capacities as Liquidators, Administrators, Receivers (including Fixed-Charge and LPA Receivers), Supervisors or Trustees in Bankruptcy.
In addition, our range of expertise enables us to provide a range of insolvency advice to businesses, including dealing with insolvent customers and/or their office-holders, and advising in circumstances where business clients might themselves be facing an insolvency process, such as administration appointments.
We also regularly provide advice to individuals relating to all manner of insolvency issues, from presenting or responding to bankruptcy petitions, to claims brought by office-holders relating to the family home.
Our areas of expertise in this field include:
- Corporate/Partnership Insolvency
- Personal Insolvency
- Default petitions
- Undervalue/preference claims
- Misfeasance claims
- Asset recovery
- Litigation support for Insolvency Office-Holders
- Company Rescue
- Directors Disqualification/BRO Proceedings
- Solvent reconstructions and reorganisations
- Share buyback
- Acting for office holders in connection with property and asset sales (including pre-packs)
- Acting for purchasers from administrators/liquidators
- Redundancy advice
- Acting for Fixed Charge and LPA Receivers, from validation of appointment to transactional matters and litigation.
As specialists, we understand that office-holders often have limited funding at their disposal for the purposes of legal costs. As a result, we are prepared to act on a conditional fee basis in appropriate cases and also advise on litigation funding where necessary.
Praised for her ability to provide 'firm and pragmatic advice where the position is not clear', Sophie Thomas has particular expertise on behalf of fixed charge receivers.
Legal 500 2021 Edition