Claims Against Professionals
We all rely on professionals to deal with matters which are outside our own expertise. When they get it wrong the results can be financially disastrous.
Led by Director Kevin O’Brien our team is recognised by Industry bible Legal 500 as one of the leading teams in Wales.
JCP’s professional liability claims team has many years experience of successfully representing individual clients, businesses, and financial institutions in claims relating to all types of professionals, for example:-
Example claims for individual clients and businesses
Claims against Solicitors
- Failing to report defects in property titles
- Bad advice in connection with business sales
- Incorrectly prepared wills
- Missed time limits or court limitation dates
- Under- settlement of injury claims
- Professional misconduct or fraud
Claims against Surveyors
- Inaccurate survey reports
- Negligent valuations
Claims against Financial Advisors
- Arranging or advising upon unsuitable investment products
Claims against Accountants
- Incorrect tax advice
- Late filing of notices or returns
You can read more detailed case studies from our team where they have acted on behalf of individuals or businesses here.
Claims on behalf of Lenders and Financial Institutions
If you are a lender or a financial institution you can read more about our services for lenders here.
If you have a case you would like to discuss please get in contact with one of our expert team members listed below.
JCP Solicitors (which is ‘exceptionally good at managing litigation in a cost-effective manner’) acts for a range of lenders, corporates and private individuals bringing claims against solicitors. Team head Kevin O’Brien is recognised as ‘one of the best solicitors practising on the claimant side of professional negligence in the country’.
Legal 500 2017
- Peter Davies
- Kevin O'Brien
- Director & Head of Professional Liability
- Sophie Thomas
- Director & Head of Recoveries & Professional Liability
Organised and deals with things on a timely basis.
Chambers UK 2020