- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Claims Against Professionals
Led by Director Kevin O’Brien, our professional negligence team is recognised by Industry bible Legal 500 as one of the leading teams in Wales.
The team has the benefit of many years experience acting for financial institutions, businesses and individuals in claims relating to all types of professionals including solicitors, surveyors, architects and IFAs. For further information regarding our Lender Services, please click here.
Some of the team’s recent and current cases include:-
- Recovered substantial damages (£ millions) for clients following a 16 day trial in a claim against their former solicitors for negligence and breach of duty in the conduct of a company sale. For recent case information, please click here.
- Substantial damages for clients in settlement of a claim against their former solicitors for negligence in the conduct of litigation.
- Successfully settled claim against solicitors in relation to an allegedly fraudulent land banking investment scheme.
- Successfully settled claim on behalf of a Court of Protection patient against an IFA in relation to substantial lost investments in a European bank which went into liquidation.
- Regularly instructed in claims against solicitors and surveyors/ valuers in claims arising from property transactions – residential and commercial.
- Regularly instructed in claims against solicitors in relation to allegedly negligently drafted wills.
If you have a case you would like to discuss please get in contact with one of our expert team members below.
“JCP Solicitors has ‘a good grasp of the complex issues which tend to arise in professional negligence cases’. The firm is regularly instructed by banks, private clients and local businesses in claims against solicitors. ‘Outstanding’ team head Kevin O’Brien is ‘highly intelligent, robust and firm while remaining courteous and sensible’.”
Legal 500 2016