General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - How We Can Help
GDPR came into effect in the UK on 25 May 2018 and now applies to organisations that process, store and transmit personal data. GDPR significantly builds on previous data protection legislation in light of the new digital age.
Under GDPR, organisations are required to demonstrate compliance with the new legislation in order to satisfy the new accountability principle that is introduced by GDPR.
Some steps that your organisation can take to ensure compliance with the new principle include:
- Training staff to make them aware of the changes to legislation
- Updating your terms and conditions
- Updating supply agreements with third parties
- Updating your privacy notice
- Reviewing your HR processes and documentation
We are able to assist you in ensuring that you will be compliant with the new legislation by offering:
- Bespoke training tailored to your organisation and its needs
- Legal documentation such as a data protection policy, privacy notices, contracts with third parties, and supply agreements including controller/processor agreements
- HR documentation such as employee and job applicant privacy notices, data protection policy and confidentiality agreements (if your business is on our HR Services retainer package these documents may be provided under this agreement free of charge)
- Templates and practical advice to conduct your data audits and data protection impact assessments
Our services will be tailored to suit your business. Prices are available on request and are dependent upon your organisation’s requirements and needs.
Fines for non compliance under GDPR have increased significantly from £500,000 to a maximum of 20 million Euros or 4% of an organisation’s global turnover. Whilst the fines themselves could be detrimental enough to your organisation, you should also consider the negative publicity that would undoubtedly result from non compliance which would cause further harm. It is therefore important that you take steps to ensure that you comply with GDPR and continue to do so now that 25 May 2018 has passed.
We can be there every step of the way to assist.
If you would like further information, contact our team on 01792 529645.