Our Construction law team in Wales, offer a complete construction services and has experience acting for a full range of construction professionals including employers, developers, contractors and professional consultants.
We have extensive experience dealing with all forms of construction litigation including proceedings in the Technology Construction Court, Arbitration and Adjudication. We also understand the importance of attempting to resolve any issues between the parties and have extensive experience of all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution including Mediation.
We are regularly instructed in matters resolving-
- Final Accounts disputes
- Interim Payment disputes
- Disputes relating to alleged defects
- Extension of Time disputes and Prolongation of Time claims
Our Construction team also has experience dealing with insolvency in the context of construction disputes as well as professional negligence issues.
We have experience in advising on the full suite of construction documents to include the JCT suite, the NEC suite and EPC Red Book contacts.
We have experience drafting contractual documents as well as preparing Consultant Appointments and advising on associated documents such as Collateral Warranties and requests for Extension of Time.
Recent work examples include:-
- Acting for a developer in four party construction dispute in the Technology and Construction Court.
- Acting for a Mechanical and Electrical Engineering contractor in an adjudication which included challenges on jurisdiction and significant counterclaims.
- Resolving at Mediation a large claim for a consultant pursuing payment of fees payable upon execution of a construction contract for development.
- Obtaining summary judgment for Claimants in a claim relating to the defective installation of screeding.
- Acting for Respondents in an Arbitration, where it is contended that the value of the final account has been overinflated.
- Securing full recovery of monies due to a contractor from a renewable energy company.
- Advising on the enforcement of an adjudication award where there were arguments that the adjudicator had breached natural justice.
- Advising a principal contractor on the effect of proposed Amended Particulars to a JCT Contract.
- Drafting bespoke sub-consultant’s appointment for part of the Design works relating to a Hotel development.
- Advising on collateral warranties and consultants appointment relating to a Hotel development.
- Advising on Extension of Time provisions for a principal contractor in respect of a large housing development.
- Advising a Mechanical and Electrical contractor on collateral warranty provisions.
We are proud of our team of experienced construction lawyers, who work quickly and efficiently, priding themselves on their technical expertise. Contact one of our team members today or use our online chat facility to get in touch.