Agriculture and its surrounding environment are inextricably linked. It is essential that farmers look after the biodiversity and landscape on their farms in order to ensure that they are able to achieve sustainable agricultural systems.
At JCP Rural Practice, we represent farmers and landowners in relation to a whole host of environmental issues from nuisance claims, pollution, drainage and waste problems.
- Statutory or private nuisance claims for smells or noise arising from agricultural uses
- Statutory or private nuisance claims arising from non-agricultural uses ranging from clay pigeon shoots to motor sports
- Water pollution
- Flooding and run off claims
- Drainage disputes
- Energy matters – wind farms, bioenergy
- IPPC Permitting
Rory Hutchings provides excellent assistance in this area, tailoring their advice to ensure practical solutions for the client are always key to their thinking, whilst working through the complexity of planning and environment law.
Legal 500 2023 Edition
JCP Solicitors has 'strong knowledge and practical application' of the various planning and environmental concerns impacting its rural/agriculture client base.
Legal 500 2022 Edition
- Sean Boucher
- Director & Head of Lifetime Planning - West Wales
- Rhys Evans
- Director & Head of Rural Practice
- Kieren Palfrey
- Associate Solicitor - Agricultural & Property Litigation
- Adam Dicks
- Legal Assistant - Agricultural & Property Litigation
- Malcolm Thomas
- Rural Client Manager - Rural Practice
- 07837 109 599
- Emily Wellington
- Trainee Solicitor - Agricultural & Property Litigation