Free Farming Health Check for NFU Members
The NFU Legal Assistance Scheme is a discretionary benefit in-house scheme provided by a panel of Solicitors, of which JCP Solicitors is the Mid and South Wales representative.
It provides Farmer & Grower members with professional guidance and financial support towards legal and other professional costs, should you face a legal dispute relating to your farming or growing business.
As well as 12.5% discount on legal fees for certain services, until October 2022, NFU members who qualify can also receive the following contributions:-
- Two contributions of £250.00 towards work arising from the legal health check relating to your farming or growing business.
- Four contributions of £250.00 towards any legal contract checking or contract drafting service relating to your farming or growing business.
We’ll contact you for an over the phone or face to face health check of your legal interests. This will be free of charge, and held at a time and location that suits you and if appropriate your family/business partners.
We will make recommendations if we feel you need further legal assistance. We will break down what the cost V benefits and provide an outline of what you can claim for with the NFU. There will be no obligation to proceed.
If you choose to go ahead, we will apply on your behalf for contribution from the NFU whether it be the 12.5% discount, the £250 health check benefit or up to £1000 for contract drafting.
We are proud of our appointment as the NFU Panel Firm for Mid and South Wales. We have been on the Panel since 2008 and enjoy the close working relationship we have with the NFU as a result. We represent NFU Members referred to us via NFU CallFirst and deal with any legal queries which NFU Members may have in respect of their farming businesses.
They clearly understand the agriculture market and the needs of their clients.
Chambers UK Guides 2023
A deep understanding of, and interest in, the work and surrounding lifestyle of agricultural clients is displayed by the whole team, allowing better and often more practical advice to be offered.
Legal 500 2022 Edition
- Sean Boucher
- Director & Head of Lifetime Planning - West Wales
- Rhys Evans
- Director & Head of Rural Practice
- Kieren Palfrey
- Associate Solicitor - Agricultural & Property Litigation
- Adam Dicks
- Legal Assistant - Agricultural & Property Litigation
- Malcolm Thomas
- Rural Client Manager - Rural Practice
- 07837 109 599
- Emily Wellington
- Trainee Solicitor - Agricultural & Property Litigation