Solicitors for Changing Your Name

Changing your name in a straightforward situation can often be done without the guidance of a Solicitor. A helpful guide can be found here. This provides all necessary guidance and paperwork required to implement a change of name for both adults and children. It also gives a step-by-step guide on how to action a change of name yourself and what the relevant fees are if enrolled at court.

Change of name deeds for children under 16 can be undertaken if both biological parents (and anyone else with parental responsibility for the child) are prepared to consent to this in writing. Specific advice should be taken from any agency that you need to contact to advise them of a name change as they may have their own specific requirements, for example, some agencies may require that the child’s change of name deed should be enrolled at court. As these can be more complicated than an adult Change of Name Deed, we are unable to offer a fixed price to cover all scenarios.

Contact a member of our dedicated family team for more information using their contact details below, by contacting your local office or via email:

  • Jill Bulteel
      • 02920 855261
      • View profile
  • Angela Killa
      • 01267 248893
      • View profile
  • Rebecca Bates
      • 01792 525 576
      • View profile
  • Laura Venn
      • 01792 525464
      • View profile
  • Emily Brake
      • 02920 855263
      • View profile
  • Sharon Jones
      • 01267 248890
      • View profile
  • Beverley-Anne Owen
      • 01792 525 416
      • View profile
  • Claire Davies
      • 01792 529657
      • View profile