- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
House Buyers - Stay Alert To Fraudsters
- AuthorEmma Gilroy
We have been made aware that fraudsters are attempting to divert house deposit payments that would normally be paid to a Solicitor in the legal process.
Conveyancing Client Protection Advice
- It is highly unlikely that Solicitors will ever change their bank details. If you receive a request for money to be sent to an alternative account, you should ring your Solicitor on a previously used telephone number.
- Buyers and sellers should avoid using public Wi-Fi systems to check emails when house purchases are being made. Fraudsters can easily hack into vulnerable Wi-Fi systems.
- Avoid sharing social media posts about buying/selling your house. Fraudsters may get hold of this information and know the next step is a large financial transaction.
At JCP we will never contact you by phone or by email with a request to change our bank details. For further advice, please contact our specialist property solicitors in:
- Swansea: 01792 773773
- Cardiff: 02920 22 5472
- Carmarthen: 01267 234022
- Caerphilly: 02920 860628
- Cowbridge: 01446 771742
- Haverfordwest: 01437 764723
- Fishguard: 01348 873671
- Pontypridd: 01443 408455