- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Could The Green Deal Home Energy Efficiency Improvement Help You?
- AuthorJCP Solicitors
Could the Green Deal Home Energy Efficiency Improvement Fund help you?
On 1st May 2014, The Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) announced that it would launch the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund in order to support domestic energy efficiency improvements. The fund will be available for a year from June 2014.
The Home Improvement Fund will pay domestic energy customers:
- 100% of the cost of installing two measures from an approved list that includes secondary glazing and floor insulation. This would be up to a maximum of £1,000.
- 75% of the cost of installing internal or external solid wall insulation, up to a maximum of £6,000.
- Up to £100 refunded for their Green Deal Assessment.
If a domestic property was purchased less than a year before an application is made under the fund, then a further £500 towards energy efficiency improvements could be paid.
In order to claim under the fund, the installation must be recommended on an eligible Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) or a Green Deal advice report. If any installations have been carried out under the Energy Company Obligation, the Green Deal Communities Scheme or the existing cashback scheme, then you will not be eligible to claim under the fund.
It is worth noting for private or social Landlords that they can also make an application under the fund for energy efficiency improvements to their domestic properties.