- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
JCP Solicitors Celebrates 25 Year Milestone
- AuthorHayley Davies
This year is a special one, as we celebrate 25 years in business.
JCP offer a full range of specialist legal services from our offices in Swansea, Carmarthen, Haverfordwest, Fishguard, St Davids, and Cardiff and the last 25 years has seen the firm grow and develop our skills and expertise so that we are able to serve those communities in the most effective, professional way.
JCP is the largest South West Wales law firm with 160 members of staff, which includes 23 directors. This year the company was highlighted as one of the Swansea Bay Business Life’s top 100 companies in South & West Wales.
As a company we are proud to be marking our 25th year and I think one of the keys to the company’s success is that throughout our development and expansion, we haven’t lost sight of our core values.
People are still the main focus of our business so as well as providing expert, specialist legal services we are approachable and speak plain English. Consequently we enjoy a close and longstanding relationship with our clients and industry professionals.
JCP’s delivery of services is centred on specialist practice areas, including Catastrophic Injury, Medical Negligence, Intellectual Property, Sport, Lender Services, Rural Practice, Claims against Professionals, Family Law, Probate and Commercial Business Services. JCP also has the largest dedicated property team in South West Wales, with its 30-plus personnel each specialising in their own niche area.
We are careful to support the newest members of the JCP family to grow in confidence and experience, by learning from our valued ‘old hands.’ It is a practice that continues to strengthen us as a company.
We remain committed to our long-standing apprenticeship and placement schemes. We like to ‘grow our own’ talent pool by supporting new members of the team to develop and advance within the company. Many of our personnel have done just that – often starting with us fresh from school or college, and going on to become valued members of the team.
We have always taken an active role within the communities we serve – whether by organising fundraising activities or by pledging sponsorship to charities and good causes like Headway, Wales Air Ambulance or Tenovus.
Our charities of the year in 2015 are The Paul Sartori Foundation, which is based in Pembrokeshire and The Friends of Stepping Stones, based in Killay, Swansea – two charities doing fine work in their communities.
On behalf of the JCP team across the South and West Wales region we would like to say thank you for 25 enjoyable years and we look forward to serving you for the next 25 and beyond.
- November 1st 1990 - John Collins & Partners was formed by Steve Penny, Keith Thomas, Paul Newman and John Collins
- 2001 - John Collins & Partners acquired the practice of Edward Harris & Son
- 2010 – John Collins & Partners began trading as JCP Solicitors
- 2011 - JCP merged with VJG Johns in Fishguard
- 2012 - JCP merged with Bissmire Fudge & Co Haverfordwest
- 2013 – JCP merged with Peter Cross - also in Fishguard
- 2014 - JCP merged with Pritchard Edwards in Carmarthen
- 2015 - JCP Solicitors incorporated to become JCP Solicitors Limited
- November 1st 2015 JCP Solicitors celebrates 25 years
Meet the Owner Directors
- Keith Thomas – Founding Partner and Head of Catastrophic Injury, Keith is a recognised national authority in his field, working tirelessly to help those involved in serious accidents for more than thirty years.
- Sali Jackson-Thomas – Head of Private Client Services, Sali is a family lawyer with some 25 years of experience in family legal advice.
- Chris Davies - Head of Property Services, Chris is a specialist in commercial property law, with considerable experience in acting for private, public and healthcare sector clients.
- Claire Goldsworthy – Joint Head of Injury Services, Claire has been working in the field of personal injury for over 21 years, helping clients with spinal and other catastrophic injury claims.
- Kevin O’Brien – Head of Recoveries and Professional Liabilities, Kevin is recognised by industry bible the Legal 500 as one of the leading solicitors in Wales for claims against professionals.
- Lynne Morgan – Head of JCP’s Deputy Legal Team, Lynne is a professional deputy and her expertise is in catastrophic injury and traumatic brain injury claims.
- Rory Hutchings – Head of Rural Practice, Rory is a fellow of the Agricultural Law Association, a member of the United Kingdom Environmental Lawyers Association and the Property Litigation Association.
- Michael Williams – Joint Head of Corporate, Michael has built up a portfolio of business clients from across England and Wales and as far afield as Canada and Saudi Arabia for his expertise in buying and selling businesses.
- Hayley Davies – The company CEO, Hayley has risen through the ranks during her 25 years at JCP. As a member of the advisory board and senior management team Hayley has primary authority on all operational and strategic issues including finance, IT, staff and compliance.
- Matthew Owen – Head of Medical Negligence, Matthew specialises in helping victims of medical negligence, receiving many recommendations from organisations and charities who rely on his knowledge in this area of the law.