Newsflash - Red Alert Winds for Part of Wales
- AuthorCatherine Almeida
A red weather warning for parts of Wales has been announced from early tomorrow, Friday 18 February 2022.
Employers must make quick decisions as they have a duty of care to support their employees and minimise risk. Employers may wish to consider:
- Can employees work from home and what do they need to do to prepare?
- Will home WIFI and/or electricity be affected?
- Could start and finish times be altered to avoid the storm at its peak?
- How many of your employees are relying on public transport?
- Can you allow paid or unpaid leave?
- Should you postpone offsite meetings and other unnecessary travel?
- Have you conducted a risk assessment considering your location, type of work and employees travelling?
- Have you got an adverse weather policy that you can signpost to?
Our HR Services team assist our clients with the provision of policies and procedures and provide adhoc guidance for unplanned situations.