Catherine joined the team at JCP after returning to South Wales from a leading legal business in Bristol. As an expert Employment Solicitor, specialising in employee disputes, she has more than 10 years of experience in giving legal support to business and private clients and considerable experience of contentious employment law and employment tribunal proceedings.
Catherine also supports our retainer clients with advice and assistance on employee management, delivering webinars and interactive training sessions and responding quickly to changes and updates in legalisation. Catherine prides herself on getting to grips with new legal concepts quickly and accurately.
During her time at JCP, Catherine has:
- Represented over 100 employees in collective redundancy situations
- Assisted and advised a retainer client through a collective redundancy consultation across their three sites based in England
- Dealt with rare matters including- an appeal to the Crown Court in relation to pensions, and an appeal to the Disclosure and Debarring Service with a successful outcome
- Dealt with several litigated discrimination cases, culminating in settlement
- Drafted and presented a number of webinars dealing with current ‘hot’ topics such as mass redundancy, vaccinations, hybrid working and furlough
- Written a number of blogs such as on equal pay and employee status in response to high profile court decisions
Catherine has also been instructed and retained by a number of new clients and existing clients from other areas of the business, allowing our firm to provide clients with a whole plethora of advice through the medium of one firm. Catherine regularly acts as part of a team in larger transactions that may concern TUPE or the acquisition of a workforce via a share purchase. Catherine is also appointed to the Board of Caerphilly Business Club.