- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Our Merger with VJG Johns
In October 2011, VJG Johns merged with JCP Solicitors. VJG Johns is steeped in history and we feel that it is important that this history is not lost; for the staff who transferred to us, for the VJG staff of the past, and for the many clients whose family share a history of dealing with the VJG practice. We are proud to share the same ethos for client service will continue to meet the needs of the existing clients of VJG Johns under the umbrella of JCP Solicitors.
VJG Johns was founded by Vincent James Griffiths Johns at the end of the 19th Century. His eldest son, Thomas Graham Vincent Johns qualified in 1938 and joined his father in practice.
Graham’s brother-in-law, Llewellyn Norman Harvard George first joined the firm on a temporary basis in 1947 but remained with the practice until 1991.
Graham remained as Clerk to the Justices for North Pembrokeshire until the 1980s. Llewellyn George was a very well known advocate throughout South Wales and was one of the first Solicitors in England and Wales to be appointed as Crown Court Recorder.
Ifor Llewelyn Phillips joined VJG Johns in 1965 as an Articled Clerk to Llewellyn George. He qualified in 1970 and became a Partner in 1974. He remained as a Consultant to the practice following the merger with JCP Solicitors until retirement in September 2013.
In 1986 Arwel Bowen Charles Davies joined the firm and became a Partner in 1989. In 1990, at a time when office romances were unheard of, Arwel proposed to Geraldine Pierce, who had also worked for VJG Johns since 1974. After getting engaged in London, Arwel and Geraldine drove home via Fishguard to ask for the blessing of Llewellyn George himself. Arwel and Geraldine were married in 1991. From 1993 onwards the partnership was continued by Ifor and Arwel with the assistance of Geraldine, until the merger with JCP Solicitors on 1 October 2011.
Arwel remains a Director in the practice with Geraldine taking the role of Senior Paralegal in the conveyancing team. Both still remain in Fishguard.