Hi, I’m Richard and my team and I help our clients to resolve problems involving wills, inheritance and trusts. I have worked in this area of law for over 15 years, successfully helping our clients to solve problems in a sensible and cost-effective way.
I am a full member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS), one of a small few in Wales. To become a member I was required to pass stringent tests to demonstrate my expertise in this area of law, and my membership ensures that I keep up to date with all developments so that I can help our clients in the best way possible.
I am listed as a “Leading Individual” (one of only four in Wales) in the leading independent legal industry bible The Legal 500, who have described me as being a 'highly experienced and intelligent’ team head and as ‘extraordinarily good with clients’, and praised for my ‘focussed and clear advice’.
My team and I aim to resolve your matter as quickly and “fuss-free” as possible. You will have direct access to us through our direct lines and emails, and you will not be passed around by numerous people with whom you have never previously spoken. Whenever possible, we will try to resolve your matter using discussions and negotiations, which can save cost, time, and stress and help to maintain the family relationship. Whilst only a small amount of our cases end up in a final hearing before the court, my team and I have significant experience in handling complex and high-value cases before the county, High and Appeals court.
My team and I help to resolve all types of matters involving problems with wills, inheritance and trust, examples of which include (but are not limited to):
- Cases involving claims against Estates, farms and business assets based upon proprietary estoppel and/or constructive trusts
- Cases where the validity of the will is questioned due to the health of the will-maker (called testamentary capacity), undue influence and the will having not been prepared in the correct manner
- Cases involving the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Cases to remove executors of Estates, or seek compensation for losses
- Cases involving the actions of trustees, or assisting in determining what a trust requires to be done
- Cases involving the division of jointly owned property, including joint ownership by non-married couples and also between family members
- Cases involving the negligent drafting of wills or trusts
As the appointed National Farmers Union panel firm for its members in South and Mid Wales, my team and I have particular expertise in handling disputes involving high-value and complex farm and business assets.
Therefore if you have a problem with a will, inheritance or trust, do not hesitate to contact us. We’d be pleased to hear from you.