- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Richard is Director and Head of the Lifetime Planning Disputes team who specialise in Litigation involving Wills, Estates, Trusts and Property. The Legal 500 quotes him as being a 'highly experienced and intelligent’ team head and as ‘extraordinarily good with clients’.
Contentious Probate Trusts and Disputed Wills
Richard acts for a range of clients in contentious trusts and probate matters, helping clients to resolve problems involving:
- Disputed Validity of Wills due to lack of capacity, lack of knowledge and approval and undue influence
- Proprietary Estoppel
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Constructive, Secret and Resulting Trusts
- Removal of Executors and Trustees
- Claims against Executors and Trustees for breach of fiduciary duty
- Professional negligence relating to the drafting of wills and trusts.
As a result of JCP’s role as panel firm for the National Farmers Union in South and Mid Wales, Richard has gained particular experience in handling disputes involving high-value agricultural estates, and regularly acts in matters where the assets in dispute exceed £1million.
Richard is a full Member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS), one of only five in Wales, having completed a stringent three-year diploma run by the College of Law.
Richard is recommended in the Legal 500 for Contentious Trust and Probate matters and is praised for his ‘focused and clear advice’.
Richard regularly provides seminars on issues relating to Disputed Wills, Estates and Trusts.
Richard acts for both private and commercial clients on a range of property related matters, assisting clients in resolving property related problems involving:
- Rights of Way
- Disputed Easements
- Planning and Environmental matters
- Adverse Possession
- Lease Disputes
- Dilapidation claims
- Break Notices
- Residential Landlord Possession claims
Richard is recommended in the Legal 500 for Property Litigation. They stated that JCP Solicitors "combine professionalism , knowledge and speed" with a "tenacious defence" of clients' interests. Richard is described as a “very competent and determined litigator”.
Richard is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
Outside of work Richard’s main passion is sport, particularly cricket, football and skiing. Richard is the vice captain of the Swansea Law Society Cricket Club, having played for them for over 10 years.