POSTPONED: Employment Status - Getting it right and the cost of getting it wrong!
We will be hosting a free online event between 10.30am and 12.30pm on 28 September 2022 via Zoom where our Employment solicitor, Catherine Almeida, will be talking through the different categories of employment status and why it is important to categorise your workforce correctly.
Paul Tucker, an employment tax specialist based in West Wales from UNW, will be joining us to explain HM Revenue & Customs’ approach to employment tax status. He will focus on:
- Identifying how a worker has been engaged
- Different types of engagement
- Who is responsible for determining the status for tax and National Insurance
- Who is responsible for the PAYE tax and National Insurance liability
- The tax and National Insurance cost of getting it wrong
- Action required to minimise risk in the event of an HMRC review
This free of charge event is suitable for business owners and HR Managers. There will be an opportunity to ask questions at the end of the talk.