Prefer a Face-To-Face Meeting to Discuss Your Will?
- AuthorChris Shaw
"I have been putting off making a Will because I have some complex family circumstances to consider and I want to talk them through with a Solicitor face-to-face. Are email and video call the only options at the moment?"
It is important to make a Will, particularly if you have complicated circumstances or are part of a blended family. A well-constructed Will can save those left behind a lot of stress further down the line.
We are happy to see people face-to-face for essential appointments like this one. However, video calls and email and phone consultations are still in place too, for those who prefer to take that route.
We have strict guidelines in place, both for our teams and for visitors, so you can rest assured that your meeting will be safe. JCP is operating a contact-free environment and both the Solicitor and you, the client, will wear masks for the duration of the meeting unless you are exempt or have accessibility needs. Here are some things you need to know ahead of your meeting:
- Please book your appointment by calling: 03333 208644
- Once you book your meeting we will send you a leaflet to outline the procedures in place at JCP for face-to-face meetings
- Please make us aware when you make your appointment if you require any special arrangements or adjustments to assist you
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time
- If you are running late please call us when it is safe to do so. We may ask you to delay your arrival slightly to prevent you from arriving at the same time as another person
- We will have sanitised pens available as well as hand sanitiser in our meeting rooms, but we would like to encourage you to bring your own pen if possible
- Please put on your mask before we come out to greet you at our front door. You will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the meeting unless you are exempt or have accessibility requirements
- Meetings will take place through a Perspex screen and will be contact-free
- We are unable to offer refreshments at this time but you may bring your own sanitised bottle of water to the meeting
- For your peace of mind, meetings rooms will be thoroughly cleaned before and after all appointments
- Please do not attend our offices if you have been asked to self-isolate or if you are experiencing a high temperature, continuous cough or loss of taste and smell
The safety of our staff and clients remains a priority.
We look forward to welcoming you to our office for a contact-free and Covid safe meeting.
For any queries get in touch by calling 03333 208644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This question is based on a hypothetical situation.