- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Substance Misuse in the Workplace
We are pleased to announce a HR workshop being run in December 2016 that will focus on substance misuse in the workplace.
It is our aim to help businesses understand some of the policies and procedures that are needed to look after and deal with employee issues.
This workshop is intended for business owners, managers and HR professionals and will focus on:
• The current position – up to date statistics and looking at the current extent of substance misuse in the workplace.
• The legal position - possible legal complications for the employer failing to address substance misuse issues.
• What employers need to consider - staff policies and procedures.
• Employer strategy on substance misuse.
• Case law and real life experiences – examples of substance misuse and the consequences in the manufacturing industry in particular.
• Drug screening, testing and possible complications.
These events will allow for networking with others in similar roles, informal discussion with an expert in the field, and the sharing of best practice with like minded individuals.
This will be an extended workshop, starting at 12.30 and finishing around 3.30pm. The workshop is free of charge and will include the normal sandwich lunch. We recommend early booking as we anticipate this event booking up quickly.
Dates are as follows:
- Swansea (JCP Office) - 1st December
This workshop will run in partnership with Workcare Limited- Professionals in Work Related Health. Workcare carry out drug and alcohol screening across South Wales and will be on hand to answer any questions regarding testing for substance misuse in the workplace
- Haverfordwest (JCP Office) - 6th December
- Carmarthen (Carmarthen Indoor Bowls Club) - 8th December