Directors Duties Workshop - Cardiff
Director and Joint Head of Corporate at JCP Solicitors, Michael Williams, will be running a workshop to provide an overview of the main duties owed by company directors, this event will explore the potential liabilities they may face and what they can do to protect themselves.
The workshop will also include discussions in connection with the following areas:
- Duties under the Companies Act 2006
- Transactions with directors and conflicts of interest
- Disclosure, approvals and ratification of breaches of duty
- Developing areas of liability
- The duties owed by directors when a company is in financial difficulty
- Circumstances in which directors can face personal liability
- The Importance of appropriate insurance arrangements, including director and officers’ insurance
The event will be tailored to professionals who are directors or those involved in senior management positions, particularly both executive and non-executive directors of limited companies and charities. To ensure delegates get the most from this event, Michael will be joined by Thomas Carroll Group PLC, independent providers of business Insurance, and JCP Business Litigation Director Andrew Meech, who advises a portfolio of clients who operate on a local, national and international level.
All workshops take place between 12:30pm - 2:00pm, are free of charge and include a sandwich lunch.
We recognise that in this modern age our clients should expect more from their solicitors, and to this end, we offer seminars, presentations, and training services. All events are free of charge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01792 525578 to book your place.
Please note places are limited to two per organisation. We would be happy to discuss training for a group of 3 or more.