Rory is a Director and the Head of the Rural Practice team at JCP Solicitors. Rory’s wealth of knowledge and experience in the area of land and agriculture is welcomed by his ever expanding Welsh client base. A friendly and down to earth manner, he has strong links with the NFU Cymru and is well aware of the issues facing the farming community in Wales and further afield.
Rory is proud of the relationships he has with his clients in the farming community and is a regular at farming events such as the Royal Welsh Show and other smaller local shows across South Wales.
Particular legal interests include:
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (including the termination of tenancies and compensation);
- Breach of Covenant and Section 146 Notices;
- Forfeiture and applications for relief from forfeiture Compulsory purchase Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 and the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995 Single Farm Payment regime;
- Boundary issues;
- Adverse possession and trespass;
- Public and private rights of way Environmental; and
- Planning issues
Rory is singled out for praise in the Legal 500 for his expertise in Agriculture & Estates and Planning & Environment. Chambers state he is "extremely experienced in the area” with “a genuine interest in farming issues” and the ability to provide "specialist advice."
Rory is a fellow of the Agricultural Law Association, a member of the United Kingdom Environmental Lawyers Association and the Property Litigation Association.
Rory is married with two daughters, owns a small holding and is learning to speak Welsh.