Huw Roffe is a key director in the team with a reputation for solid and pragmatic legal advice always centred on the best commercial outcome for clients. Huw specialises in commercial disputes and has experience in providing advice and litigation in a range of business sectors. Huw has a particular focus on Construction related matters. Details of Huw’s construction experience can be found here.
In order to deliver such a high standard of service, Huw prides himself on placing a key focus on understanding the business of our clients and their objectives. Huw is fully versed with all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Some of Huw’s recent Commercial Dispute experience includes:-
- Negotiating settlement of a dispute relating to a limited company’s beneficial shareholding in a separate limited company.
- Acting for a Claimant in a product liability claim against a supplier which included a claim for loss of profits, which resulted in a settlement at Mediation.
- Obtaining judgment for USA based company in respect of loan provided for the development of care homes.
- Regularly instructed in matters relating to the enforceability of restrictive covenants and economic tort claims.
- Regularly acts for continuing and outgoing shareholders in section 994 Companies Act disputes.
- Obtaining security for costs for a Defendant in a large High Court claim, which led to the Claimant’s insolvency and discontinuance of claim.
Huw joined JCP Solicitors as a Director in April 2017 following the merger with Glamorgan Law. Huw is primarily based in Cardiff and is part of the firm’s busy Business Litigation team.