Employment Status - Getting it right and the cost of getting it wrong!
We will be hosting a free face-to-face event between 10am and 12pm on 14 July 2022 at St Peters Hall, St Peters Street, Cardiff, CF24 3BA where our Employment solicitor, Catherine Almeida, will be talking through the different categories of employment status and why it is important to categorise your workforce correctly.
Paul Tucker, an employment tax specialist based in West Wales from UNW, will be joining us to explain HM Revenue & Customs’ approach to employment tax status. He will focus on:
- Identifying how a worker has been engaged
- Different types of engagement
- Who is responsible for determining the status for tax and National Insurance
- Who is responsible for the PAYE tax and National Insurance liability
- The tax and National Insurance cost of getting it wrong
- Action required to minimise risk in the event of an HMRC review
This free of charge event is suitable for business owners and HR Managers. There will be an opportunity to ask questions at the end of the talk.
Refreshments will be provided.
Registration is essential. Please register your place by emailing email@example.com or completing the booking form.