- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Pontypridd BID Event - GDPR Advice and Information
JCP Solicitors is delighted to be holding a GDPR workshop for Pontypridd BID. Those in business will be fully aware that GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018, replacing the existing Data Protection Directive. GDPR will enhance data subjects rights and bring with it a new concept of accountability.
Jennifer Rosser, Associate Solicitor in Commercial Services at JCP Solicitors will provide an insight into the upcoming changes to data protection and how organisations can best prepare. Including:
- The proposed changes to current legislation
- What the changes mean in practice
- Steps to take at this stage to ensure compliance by May 2018
- Details of fines for non-compliance
Natasha Johnston, HR Advisor at JCP Solicitors will provide an insight into the upcoming changes to data protection and how organisations can best prepare. From a HR perspective, GDPR will change the who, what, where, when and why of processing employee data. Employers should have started preparing to ensure compliance when GDPR comes into effect.
This workshop will provide an overview of:
- A review of the new rights and the implications from a HR perspective
- Privacy Notices and what needs to be included
- Risk Impact Assessments
- Data Registers
- Where to obtain further information
This event is strictly for Pontypridd BID businesses, if you would like to attend please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.