HR Workshop - GDPR and the impact on your HR - Cardiff
Those in business will be fully aware that GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018, replacing the existing Data Protection Directive. GDPR will comprehensively reform the data protection rules that apply in EU member states, introducing several new concepts, approaches to data and restrictions on processing.
It will also expand rights for data subjects and significantly increase sanctions. In the employment context, GDPR will regulate the processing of data on employees in the EU, including employee information that is held outside the EU. How you process employee data should not be underestimated. Employers should start preparing now to ensure that they are compliant when GDPR comes into effect.
This workshop will provide an overview of:
- the legal changes to the requirements for processing employee data under GDPR
- steps employers must take straight away
- the relevant changes for HR
- the initial stages of preparing to comply with GDPR from an employer's perspective
- what specific requirements employers will need to consider for individual tasks within any compliance programmes they may have
- where to obtain further information
These events will allow for networking with others in similar roles, informal discussion with an expert in the field, and the sharing of best practice with like-minded individuals.
All workshops take place between 12:30pm - 2:00pm, are free of charge and include a basic sandwich lunch.
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01792 525578.
Please note places are limited to two per organisation. Please contact us if you would like to discuss training for a group of 3 or more.
If you would like to continue to receive marketing communications such as this from JCP Solicitors after May 2018, please copy and paste this link into your browser and follow the quick online form: http://bit.ly/2upgW9F.