Disciplinary Process and Procedures - Swansea
At JCP Solicitors, it is our aim to help businesses understand some of the policies and procedures that are needed to look after and deal with employee issues.
This lunch and learn session will answer the following common questions (and more) on disciplinary processes and procedures.
- Is there a minimum disciplinary procedure that employers must follow?
- What are the pros and cons of making a disciplinary procedure contractual?
- Can an employer invite an employee to attend a disciplinary hearing when he or she is on sick leave?
- Should an employer deal with an employee's poor performance through its disciplinary or capability procedure?
- What are the possible consequences of failing to follow the Acas code of practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures?
- How should a manager respond if an employee becomes argumentative or negative during a disciplinary interview?
- Is an employer obliged to impose the same disciplinary action where two employees break the same rule?
- Is there any obligation on an employer to agree to a request from an employee that his or her disciplinary or grievance hearing be tape recorded?
- If an employee is charged with, or convicted of, a work-related criminal offence, should the employer conduct its own investigation before taking disciplinary action?
- Can a defamatory comment posted by an employee on his or her Facebook page be used as evidence in the employee's disciplinary proceedings?
- For the purposes of summary dismissal, how does an employer legally define a serious breach of contract?
These events will allow for networking with others in similar roles, informal discussion with an expert in the field, and the sharing of best practice with like minded individuals.
All workshops take place between 12:30pm - 2:00pm, are free of charge, and include a basic sandwich lunch.
To book your place at this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01792 525578.
Please note places are limited to two per organisation. Please contact us if you would like to discuss training for a group of 3 or more.