Returning to the Workplace
Returning to the Workplace - Last updated 28/01/2022
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have now implemented a temporary hybrid return to the workplace for the majority of our employees.
The following explains our risk assessment and procedures for working:-
- A temporary hybrid working policy is now in place for the majority of our employees.
- Client meetings can be held face-to-face abiding by our covid-secure procedures.
- Induction presentations have been shared with employees returning to sites to highlight all changes and outlining the responsibility of the employees. All employees must adhere to the new policies at all times and take all precautions necessary.
Social Distancing & Sanitation
- We have restricted attendance to the minimum number of workers in the office at any time to allow effective social distancing while still making operations viable.
- Sanitising stations to be used on arrival and exit of the buildings.
- The 2 metre distance must be maintained between employees at all times, with signage installed throughout the building as a reminder.
- All workstations are spaced out at least 2 metres apart. Hot desking is not permitted.
- Where workstations cannot be spaced by 2m, plastic screens provide separation.
- Doors will remain open where they are not fire doors.
- Do not use stickers will be placed at touchpoint areas that should not be used and all active ‘touchpoint’ areas will be sanitised as part of the enhanced daily cleaning regime.
- Face masks are not necessary except when escorting clients to allocated meeting rooms, but may be used at any time at employees’ discretion.
- Gloves are not to be worn as these increase the risk of transmission, except for accepting deliveries, where gloves may be used but must be disposed of immediately.
- Offices will be deep cleaned weekly with an enhanced daily clean throughout.
- All desks and equipment on desks must be cleaned by employees before and after use.
- Stationery must not be shared.
- Cleaning materials will be available on every in-use desk.
- Anti- bacterial wipes and gel will be available throughout the offices.
- 2 metre social distancing must be adhered to at all times within the allocated smoking area and all smokers must wash/sanitise their hands before and after smoking.
- One way systems will be implemented in buildings where it is feasible to do so.
- Movement between the two sides or two floors of a building is discouraged unless absolutely necessary.
- Contractors on site will be kept to a minimum and for essential works.
- The use of lifts is discouraged by employees unless absolutely necessary, if necessary it must be used by only one person at a time.
Working Patterns and Facilities
- Employees must ensure walkways are clear before entering and exiting the building.
- Communal areas cannot be used for break times and food should be eaten at desks.
- Kitchen facilities remain out of use.
- Bottled water will be provided to employees.
- Communal areas will be cleaned daily.
- A hot drink rota will limit access to the kitchen and reduce the movement around offices
- Washroom facilities have been altered to better accommodate social distancing.
- A temporary onsite fire marshal has been appointed in each office.
- Employees will be required to clock in or sign in and out at the start and end of the day.
Employees with Symptoms
- Employees who have been in close contact with a possible or confirmed case of coronavirus have been instructed work from home where it is possible to do so even if they do not have to self-isolate.
- All employees must assess that they are fit for work each day and do not have COVID symptoms. They should take their temperature to ensure it is not high before coming into the office. A contactless thermometer will be available at the office for use by staff if required.
- Should an employee test positive, the office may be evacuated for 72 hours and deep cleaned throughout as a precautionary measure. Up to date public health guidance will be followed.
- Employees working in offices must take lateral flow tests twice a week
- Employees will be reminded about the role of mental health first-aiders and champions and the help and support that is also available through the employee assistance program.
- Client meetings can be undertaken by prior appointment only. The offices will not be open for “drop-ins”.
- Clients will be asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes before their allocated meeting time and must call if running late.
- Special adjustments can be made if requested in advance.
- Sanitised pens will be available but clients will be encouraged to bring their own.
- Social distancing must be maintained and masks must be worn before entering and exiting the building.
- Meetings will take place behind Perspex screens and masks may be removed only once seated.
- Refreshments will not be available and the use of bathroom facilities will be discouraged.
- Meeting rooms will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each appointment.
- Clients will be asked on arrival to confirm that they are not experiencing any symptoms.
- All clients will be sent an information leaflet prior to their meeting.