- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Are you an experienced Legal Secretary or Legal Assistant who enjoys a diverse role, meeting new people and learning new skills ?
We are always on the lookout for Legal Secretaries and Legal Assistants to join our business. However the business has recently recognised the need for legal secretaries and legal assistants who can turn their hand at different roles and assist a diverse range of teams during busy periods.
The successful candidates will provide secretarial and legal assistant cover to all legal practice groups throughout the business, covering periods of absence and increased workload at certain times of the year.
This is a flexible role, you will gain a good all round knowledge of the business and its practices, every day will bring something different and a new challenge. The role will be ideally based in Swansea with some travel to other offices required on occasion. For this role we need an individual who can be flexible, and we are prepared to offer flexibility back in return. More can be discussed about this at interview stage. We like to look outside the box, so come to us with your ideas.
This is popular position for those who are unsure where their career paths are going, or fancy doing something different to the norm. In fact we have had so much success with this position in the past, that each person we have employed in this role, has been hand-picked by teams in the business to remain in situ on a permanent basis.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Audio typing using a digital dictation system
- Using the business’ case management system for producing correspondence
- Opening and closing files in accordance with Quality Procedures
- Making appointments for clients
- Dealing with any client enquiries that you are able to answer, either by telephone or in person
- Maintaining files and filing correspondence, mail and file notes
- Preparing mail for signature at the appropriate times and taking any late mail to the post-box if necessary
The successful candidates will be primarily located in one main office but will be required to cover other locations occasionally (mileage allowance payable). The role would suit a team player with broad secretarial or legal assistant experience in a range of legal practice areas.
The successful candidate should also have:
- Excellent administration, organisation, and communication skills
- The ability to work on their own initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
Why join the team at JCP?
You will be able to access a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan
- Pension contributions of 4%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal training and career development opportunities
At JCP Solicitors, people have always been the core focus of our business and we recruit high calibre individuals with the skills, personality and commitment to help us provide excellent client service and leading expertise in our field.
If you feel you are the right person to fulfil this role, please download an application form here.
Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to Jenny Jones, HR Manager, JCP Solicitors, Venture Court, Valley Way, Enterprise Park, Swansea SA6 8AH. Or email to: email@example.com. There is no closing date for this vacancy.
JCP Solicitors is an equal opportunities employer. The business does not tolerate any less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the in the workplace, or any other prejudice.