Legal Assistant - Residential Property - Fishguard
We are looking for a dedicated Legal Assistant to provide support to the Residential Property team and help process a caseload of conveyancing files quickly and efficiently. You will initially be home based with a view to working from our Fishguard office in the future.
The key responsibilities of the role will include (but not limited to):-
- Telephone liaison with clients, solicitors and other third parties
- Ensuring that all inbound and outbound correspondence, telephone calls, faxes and emails are actioned to agreed service standards and a highly professional level
- Submitting contracts to proposed purchasers
- Chasing exchange and exchanging contracts when required
- Handling completions including liaising with clients and agents
- Preparing SDLT/LLT submissions and applications to HM Land Registry
- Meeting targets whilst maintaining high quality standards
- Maintaining all Case Management data through to completion of the matter
Whilst previous Legal Assistant/ or Paralegal experience would be advantageous, we are open to hearing from candidates who feel they have the relevant skill set for the role, as full training will be given.
The successful candidate should have:
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- The ability to manage and prioritise a busy and varying workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relations with both colleagues and clients
- The ability to work at a highly professional level
- Commitment to team goals and personal development
Why join the team at JCP?
You will be able to access a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Annual salary review
- Private medical insurance and health cash plan
- Employer pension contribution of 4%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal training and career development opportunities
If you feel you are the right person to fulfil this role, please download an application form here. Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to Emma James, HR Officer, JCP Solicitors, Venture Court, Valley Way, Enterprise Park, Swansea, SA6 8AH or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This vacancy closes on 22nd January 2021 *.
* Please be aware that JCP Solicitors reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
JCP Solicitors is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring that our recruitment process is open, fair and not influenced by irrelevant considerations. JCP Solicitors recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, nationality, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or any other prejudice; we therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.