- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Legal Assistant - Injury Services - Swansea
Our Injury Services Practice Group is looking for a dedicated Legal Assistant to join their busy Deputy Legal Team, dealing with the Court of Protection and assisting our Professional Deputies.
All of the Team’s clients are vulnerable and most have suffered traumatic brain injuries as the result of catastrophic accidents, but some also have neurologic conditionals caused by disease or illness. Due to this they are unable to manage their own property and other financial affairs, so we help do this for them. The work is very rewarding, challenging and varied – every day, and every client and situation is different. Our service is unlike any other normally offered in a Law Firm. We are looking for someone with a patient and compassionate nature, comfortable with dealing with varying needs. Help us make a difference to the lives of our exceptional clients.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Professional Deputies and our existing team.
The role will include:
- Preparing applications to the Court of Protection to appoint professional and lay deputies for new clients
- Preparing and submitting annual Deputy Reports to the Office of the Public Guardian
- Gathering information and instructing Accountants to prepare annual tax returns
- Working closely with the professional deputies ensuring clients receive all state benefits available to them, preparing and managing monthly budgets and annual forecasts, and actioning financial advisors’ investment recommendations
- Helping to find suitable property for purchase or lease and attending to all aspects of that property, including adaptation, insurance and insurance claims, repairs, paying utility bills etc
- Purchasing specialist aids and equipment and wheelchair adapted vehicles as guided by the care professionals
- Liaising with 3rd party professionals such as case managers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists to ensure clients needs are met
The role will ideally suit an individual with previous paralegal or legal assistant experience, however full training will be given.
The successful candidate should also have:
- Excellent administration, organisation, and communication skills
- The ability to work on their own initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
Why join the team at JCP?
You will be able to access a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Access to our Swansea Community Hub incorporating an onsite subsidised cafe, gym and nursery. Build is due to begin in early 2018.
If you feel you are the right person to fulfil this role, please send your application form by emailing email@example.com . Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to Jenny Jones, HR Manager, JCP Solicitors, Venture Court, Valley Way, Enterprise Park, Swansea SA6 8AH. Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This vacancy closes on 13 December 2017*.
* Please be aware that JCP Solicitors reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
JCP Solicitors is an equal opportunities employer. The business does not tolerate any less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the in the workplace, or any other prejudice.