Legal Assistant - Family - Pontypridd
Our Family team are looking for a Legal Assistant to join them within the Pontypridd Office. The busy team advise on all aspects of family law matters such as divorce proceedings and children matters, and work within a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will need to be flexible and proactive in their approach towards their varied workload, and provide an excellent service to both fee earners and clients.
The key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting fee earners at all levels with day to day running of files and with tasks
- Audio typing, using a digital dictation system
- Working diligently and efficiently to meet the team’s high client service standards
- Opening and closing files in line with the business’ procedures
- Using a case management system for producing correspondence
- Making appointments for clients and dealing with any client enquiries that you are able to answer, either by telephone or in person
- Maintaining files and filing correspondence, mail and file notes and ensuring that they are kept up-to-date
This role will suit an individual with a ‘can do’ attitude and a friendly and professional manner, ideally with previous legal experience although full training will be given.
We are looking for employees with a flexible, driven and supportive ethos who also have:
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- An eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to manage and prioritise a busy and varying workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relations with colleagues
- The ability to work at a highly professional level
- A commitment to team goals and personal development
Why join the team at JCP?
You will be able to access a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance and health cash plan
- Employer pension contribution of 4%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal training and career development opportunities
If you feel you are the right person to fulfil this role, please download an application form here. Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to Jenny Jones, HR Manager, JCP Solicitors, Venture Court, Valley Way, Enterprise Park, Swansea SA6 8AH or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This vacancy closes on Friday 11 January 2019*.
* Please be aware that JCP Solicitors reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
JCP Solicitors is an equal opportunities employer. The Firm does not tolerate any less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.