Legal Assistant - Deputy Legal - Swansea
Mental incapacity can arise as the result of a brain injury or can be associated with disease or illness. It is not limited to any particular age group; it may be temporary or permanent, and the extent and effects will vary from person to person.
Our specialist team, known as Deputy Legal, deal with decision-making for these clients concerning their welfare, health, property and finance. Could you assist the team to help our clients with their day-to-day decision-making needs?
All of the team’s clients are vulnerable and most have suffered traumatic brain injuries, therefore as well as being organised and diligent, we are looking for someone who is patient, compassionate in nature, and will treat our clients with respect and professionalism.
The role is extremely varied, but will involve such tasks as:-
- Payment of bills such as mortgages and other utilities
- Ensuring our clients receive all state benefits available to them
- Sourcing suitable property for purchase or lease
- Arranging household repairs
- Preparing legal applications
- Liaising with professionals such as physiotherapists
Whilst experience in a caring role would be ideal, no previous legal experience is necessary as full training will be given. You will receive on-the-job training whilst being part of a close-knit, supportive and sociable team.
The successful candidate should have:
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- The ability to handle a busy and varying workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relations with colleagues
- The ability to work at a professional level
- A commitment to team goals and personal development
Why join the team at JCP?
You will be able to access a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance and health cash plan
- Employer pension contribution of 4%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal training and career development opportunities
If you feel you are the right person to fulfil this role, please download an application form here. Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to Emma James, HR Officer, JCP Solicitors, Venture Court, Valley Way, Enterprise Park, Swansea, SA6 8AH or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This vacancy closes on 19 November 2021*.
* Please be aware that JCP Solicitors reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
JCP Solicitors is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring that our recruitment process is open, fair and not influenced by irrelevant considerations. JCP Solicitors recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief; we therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.