- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Legal Assistant - Deputy Legal - Swansea
We have an opportunity for an individual looking to embark on a career as a Legal Assistant within our Deputy Legal team. The successful candidate will provide support to the professional deputies to assist our clients by managing their financial affairs and helping them with their day to day needs.
All of the team’s clients are vulnerable and most have suffered traumatic brain injuries, so we are looking for someone with a patient and compassionate nature who is comfortable with dealing with the varying needs of those clients.
This is an admin based role with possible future career development opportunities. No experience necessary as full training will be given.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing applications to the Court of Protection to appoint professional and lay deputies
- Preparing and submitting annual Deputy Reports to the Office of the Public Guardian
- Collating information and instructing Accountants to prepare annual tax returns
- Working closely with the professional deputies ensuring clients receive all state benefits available to them, preparing and managing monthly budgets and annual forecasts, and actioning financial advisors’ investment recommendations
- Sourcing suitable property for purchase or lease and attending to all aspects of that property, including adaptation, insurance and insurance claims, repairs, utility bills etc
- Sourcing and purchasing specialist aids and equipment and wheelchair adapted vehicles as guided by the care professionals
- Liaising with 3rd party professionals such as case managers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists
The successful candidate should have:
- Excellent administration, organisation, and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to work on own and as part of a team
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
Why join the team at JCP?
You will be able to access a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan
- Pension contributions of 4%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal training and career development opportunities
If you feel you are the right person to fulfil this role, please download an application form here. Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to Jenny Jones, HR Manager, JCP Solicitors, Venture Court, Valley Way, Enterprise Park, Swansea SA6 8AH. Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This vacancy closes on 16 March 2018*.
* Please be aware that JCP Solicitors reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
JCP Solicitors is an equal opportunities employer. The Firm does not tolerate any less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.