- Swansea (Main) 01792 773 773
- Cardiff 03333 209 242
- Carmarthen 01267 234 022
- Fishguard 01348 873 671
- Haverfordwest 01437 764 723
- Rural Practice 01267 266 944
- St Davids 01348 873 671
- Please note that all phone calls are recorded
Legal Assistant - Commercial Property - Cowbridge Office
Due to our continued expansion, we have an opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join our Cowbridge office in our busy Commercial Property team. The successful candidate will be responsible for a varied workload and will provide an excellent service to both fee earners and clients.
The key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the day to day running of files
- Using a case management system for producing correspondence
- Opening and closing files in line with Quality Procedures
- Engrossing documents
- Processing Land Registry and Companies House applications/registrations
- Requisitioning property and other searches
- Completing and filing SDLT returns
- Making appointments for clients and dealing with any client enquiries that you are able to answer, either by telephone or in person
- Maintaining files and filing correspondence, mail and file notes
- Some typing using our digital dictation system
- This role will ideally suit an individual with previous experience as a Legal Secretary, Legal Assistant or Paralegal, with a ‘can do’ attitude and a friendly and professional manner.
The successful candidate should have:
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- The ability to manage and prioritise a busy and varying workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relations with both colleagues and clients
- The ability to work at a highly professional level
- Commitment to team goals and personal development
Why join the team at JCP?
You will be able to access a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance and health cash plan
- Employer pension contribution of 4%
- Child care voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal training and career development opportunities
To apply for the vacancy please download an application form by clicking here.
Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to Jenny Jones, HR Manager, JCP Solicitors, Venture Court, Valley Way, Enterprise Park, Swansea SA6 8AH, or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This vacancy closes on 8 December 2017* .
*Please be aware that JCP Solicitors reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
JCP Solicitors is an equal opportunities employer. The Firm does not tolerate any less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.